Thursday, December 22, 2016

Gingerbread Houses

After the 2015 gingerbread competition, I thought we'd need to wait a few years before making another attempt. 
 Presley's house on the left and not one of her favorite memories. 

But the kids have really been talking about it for the past few months, and I picked up Trader Joe's gingerbread houses kits when I was in Portland in November. 
I don't know if it was better icing or the extra candies I put out, but these worked out so much better. 


Logan and Presley were taking this pretty seriously. 
I caught Rylan and Harper sneaking a few bites of frosting and licking the spoon. 

Presley likes the cooking channel so I would add in some elements that they had to use somewhere in their gingerbread house display.  I gave them marshmallows, gold coins, and 4 Hershey kisses. 
And at the end they had to walk over their house to the judging area. 


The finished products
Boys on the left, girls on the right
The back side:
Girls on the left, Boys on the right


Dave was at work so I texted a picture of the front and back of each house to him. 
Dad and his worker Randy both voted for Presley and Harper's!
The girls had won this year!!


And the win was short lived because there was a mess to clean up.






No comments:

Post a Comment