Monday, December 7, 2015

The Little Mermaid Jr.: Stage Kids

Presley tried out for a part in The Little Mermaid back in the second week of September. 
She was very excited to be cast as Jetsam, one of Ursula's sneaky eels. 
It seems like as the practices went on I heard more and more people comment that they could not believe the way Presley could be so sweet backstage and then turn on her evil-ness when she came on stage.  

This week-end was performance week-end. 
The fall production is a one week-end event, rather than 2 in the spring. 
She had family there for each of the 4 performances. 
Opening Night:  Thursday, December 3rd
Grandma and Papa brought Harper and Ry for this performance. 
Dad and Logan were at his basketball game in Leavenworth
All the actors come out in the lobby after the show. 
Mom was there too, but I was backstage doing the microphones. 
Harper visited the concessions many times. 

Friday Night:  December 4th
Bob and Tona drove up in the late afternoon, had dinner with us, and then went to the 7:00 showing. 
They drove home afterwards. 
Presley went backstage to take off the make-up and costume and came back out expecting to say good-bye to Bob and Tona. She asked for my phone and texted with Tona. 


Saturday Afternoon:  December 5th
You had lots of people in the audience today. 
Amy, Cristy, Alyson, Grandma (again), Papa Berries, Mylee, Thomas, Logan, and Dad
(Ry and Harper came with me at intermission and we were able to watch the 2nd act)
Cousins!!
Harper snuck in a picture with Ariel.  

Saturday Evening:  December 5th
Grandma and Papa Nelson came tonight. 
They left during intermission and missed the 2nd act.
So I wasn't able to get a picture with them. 
But I watched tonight so afterwards I grabbed a pic with my Jetsam.

I was also able to get a few pictures with the other performers. 
Ainsley as Sebastian
Ella as a Mersister
Hope as Ariel

Presley was excited when a little girl who was in the audience asked if they could take a picture together. 

Presley received lots of flowers and cast-grams and little notes from her cast mates. 

I worked backstage doing microphones again and then I did lobby decor for the first time. 
I don't think I took any pictures of how the lobby was decorated. 

It was another very successful play. 
Next spring's play is Seussical and Presley has already began the begging to be involved. 
She told Cristy acting was her "passion".  

No comments:

Post a Comment