Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Retirement Brunch

My mom officially retired earlier this month but my Dad insisted on having a little party for her too. 
She had repeatedly said she didn't want a party or gifts or a video. 
But she finally gave the okay for family and a few of her co-workers to celebrate her retirement. 

My dad hosted a brunch at Shilo Inn on Sunday, December 27th
Papa made a little slideshow and talked about her work history. 
He's in his element right here. 
I told Dave that I would never want people to pass around a microphone and tell stories about me. 
He told me he didn't think I'd ever have co-workers again to do that.  
Point taken. 

Presley and Miryn
Nate, Grandma, Samee
Tricia, Danny, Link
Grandma and Papa Berries
Papa Berries, Grandma, and Papa

Holly received a selfie stick for Christmas and I thought it was so funny to take pictures of her taking pictures. 
Cousins

Dad also set up his Photo Booth. 
My big boys with Tricia's little boy
(I heard that Ry tried to put the Kylo Ren mask on Lincoln)
Brother-in-laws
Thomas, Nate, Dave

With the retiree...
It was snowing in the Tri-Cities so we headed home. 
We couldn't remember another Christmas when it was snowing as we left. 
The roads were wet and slushy the whole way. 
Luckily we had blankets to keep us warm and electronics to keep us entertained. . 
(Amy made one for each of us for Christmas). 


No comments:

Post a Comment