Monday, June 1, 2015

Wizard of Oz Opening Week-End: TWO stars are born!

Back in January Presley began taking acting classes through Stage Kids Washington after watching the Annie performance in December.  She tried out for the production of Wizard of Oz in March and was chosen for three parts.  The opening of the play was last week-end and she had lots of family in the audience watching her.
  At the age of 2 she was Dorothy for Halloween. 
In this play, she was cast as the Barrister...
She has speaking parts as Barrister.
She was cast as a Poppy...
I was teasing her by telling her that all those times I made her wear bows in her hair as a baby/toddler were in preparation for this role :). 
And she was cast as a Munchkin...
Presley is 2nd from the left
This was Presley's favorite costume change and the one she wore for the finale/curtain call/greeting audience members. 

Her opening night was on Friday, May 29th.
I had been working at the playhouse all week long because it was my job to place microphones on performers.  But on the opening night, I didn't need to be there so I left at intermission. 
Presley got a ride home from one of her friends parents and was upset that I wasn't there to hug her at the end.  I didn't know, and I felt terrible.  That will NEVER happen again. 

On Saturday though she had 13 family members in the audience watching. 
We met at Wild Huckleberry to eat a big breakfast and then we 
went up to our new house to show them around. 
We're missing Joe, Lanae, and Dad (taking the pic)


I took Presley to the playhouse and to do microphones and then the rest of them followed in an hour. 
They were so proud of Presley. 
They read her bio, which was so sweet and I didn't even help her with a bit. 
(I would like to dedicate this performance to family, grandma, grandpa, uncle and aunt and my cousins.  They always support me by coming to my activities.)

They sent her Cast-Grams during the show. 
You could buy these and then workers took them backstage and placed them on their costume boxes to read while they weren't on the stage. 
She even got one from Bob and Tona who were not there because Tricia actually went into labor today. 

And after the show they hugged her and loved on our little Munchkin. 


And gave her flowers. 

Presley was just so happy!! She was a little star this weekend!!

There was an evening Wizard of Oz performance too. 
Her friend Kailey came to this one. 
(Ainsley is the other Munchkin)

I received a text later in the evening from Tricia that she had been admitted to the hospital after laboring at home for most of the day. 

And at 7:13 AM on Sunday, May 31st, Lincoln arrived!!
(He shares a birthday with my Dad)
Another star is born...

What a really special week-end!!



No comments:

Post a Comment