Thursday, June 11, 2015

Mother's Day Week-End, A Month Late

Dave texted me this picture a few days before Mother's Day. 
I think this accurately sums up our differing parenting styles. 

On Friday night, I watched as my oldest daughter shaved her legs for the first time. 
This was one of those "mom moments" for me. 

On Saturday, I almost drove to the Tri-Cities because Alyson was going to her very first prom. 
It ended up that Ry had a final soccer game in the afternoon and I couldn't make it work. 
The coaches gave each of the players a rose to give to their mom so I was glad that I stuck around. 

But I was still very thankful that Samee texted me a picture of my beautiful niece and her cute date. 

On Sunday we woke up and decided to drive to Seattle and go to Woodland Park Zoo. 
The kids loved this bird sanctuary.  
We bought them sticks with bird feed and the birds would just fly and land on the sticks. 
I could only think about how much my Grandma would have hated this!!

On the way home I was dinking around on my phone and came across Presley's Instagram post. 
So, so sweet!!
Hashtag, Love your mom
She also gave me these...
I had to point out to her that she forgot the "H" in Mother's.
And Presley's love language is time...she always asks for girls days out for us. 

Most days I feel like this...
(and I bet the kids would say I look like this too)

I called my mama today too!!

What a great week-end to be loved on!!


No comments:

Post a Comment