Friday, June 12, 2015

Presley's 5th Grade Ceremony

Presley's 5th grade ceremony was on Thursday, June 11th.
She looked so pretty this morning. 

She was nervous about the step down when they announced her name. 
But she nailed it!!
Shaking hands with her principal, Mrs. Phlug
Taking her seat.  
She sat next to Ava Vasquez and Davin Surber.

She sang a song as part of the choir. 
She was in choir for both 4th and 5th grade. 

She received many awards:  PE Pacer Test, Library Helper, Choir, K-Kids, Math is Cool, and Geography Bee.  

Receiving her Math is Cool award. 

I ended up receiving the Golden Acorn Award. 
It's an award for a parent who volunteers in the school. 
When it was presented to me I told Mrs. Pflug that I would let Harper know she won too because she has spent a lot of time with me at the school,  mostly hanging out with the secretaries (they love her). 
My name will be added to this plaque. 

After the ceremony I went to give Presley a hug and she told me she was happy for me. 
I know this moment was not easy for Presley. 
Her eyes were red and she was trying not to cry. 
Many of her friends had won those top 5th grade awards and Presley had not received one. 
I hugged her and told her that not receiving an award does not take away what a wonderful and loving and kind person she is.  I was hurting for her as I left. 
I turned around one last time and saw her giving her friend who had won an award a hug and congratulations and I was just blown away by her grace and maturity. 

You are so very loved Presley!!

No comments:

Post a Comment