Thursday, February 26, 2015

Logan is a Star Student of the Month

Last week we received an e-mail and a letter in the mail to let us know that Logan had been selected as one of Foothills Star Students for the month. 
February's theme was "Friendship".


The assembly was on Wednesday the 25th and I was happy to get to go. 

We had chosen to not tell Logan that he would be receiving this award. 
They called students down to the commons area and Logan was surprised to see me sitting in the front row. 
That morning I had tried to get Logan to wear something a little nicer.  I was not convincing I guess. 

The principal of Foothills, Mr. Goveia, called up each student and read why they were nominated for the Star Student Award. 


Logan's read, "I nominate Logan because he is a good friend.  He's always there for people.  One time in the hall, I wasn't feeling well so he walked me to class.  Logan shows great friendship everyday by asking me how my day is going and it makes me feel good about myself.  That's why Logan Nelson should be student of the month."


The neat thing about Logan's nomination is that another student actually nominated him. 
Almost all of the recipients were given this award by their teacher. 
Someone who knows Logan had to write this up, present it to his core teacher, and then his teacher had to agree with it.  
(That's why his award says Student Nominated, Teacher Agreed)

The February Star Students

Logan and Abby Simmons.
They've been friends since second grade in Sunnyslope. 

I can not think of another award that is more suitable for Logan than a friendship award.  
He has a great core group of friends and it seems like people just like to be around him.  
That horrible sixth grade year, we would continuously encourage Logan to just be kind and a friend to everyone.  And now, to see him acknowledged for making somebody else feel good about themselves was really a proud moment. 

Foothills is lucky to have Logan at their school!!



No comments:

Post a Comment