Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Our Christmas To Do List

I love, love, love Christmas time.
I want to remember some of the fun things we do during the holiday season. 

We listen to lots of Christmas music.

We pick out a live Christmas tree that becomes our card tree...
I love this tree!!
The kids get an Advent Calendar candy each night. 
I can only put in candy one day at a time because Harper ate days ahead one year. 
We pick out a yearly ornament.
(I try to remember to put their name and year on it so they can have these when they get older)

We have an elf that moves each night.
This night Buddy made a nice and naughty list.
(Logan was on the naughty list)

We drink hot cocoa in our jammies and drive around to see Christmas lights. 

We watch lots of Christmas movies.
Always, always, always Christmas Vacation.


The kids go to Grandma and Papa Nelson's one afternoon and frosting sugar cookies. 

And this year we watched our house being built. 
On this day, Harper noticed the chimney (maybe because it was wrapped in white) 
and she said, "hey next year that's where Santa will go down".
Dad and Mom don't really exchange gifts. 
After shopping for the kids, the families, helping Grandma shop, helping Papa Berries shop, 
I'm done, like, put a fork in me done.
But occasionally dad will be out and see something that reminds him of me and just ask if I want it. 

We love to celebrate the season together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment