Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Sweets and Running Feet

After school on Friday, the 19th, Presley and I drove to the Tri-Cities because Amy was hosting a baking party.  We made Kiss Cakes and Peppermint Bark.  

On Friday afternoon I ran to the store to get our ingredients.
Because when you're buying all that sugary goodness, its a good idea to throw in some bananas too. 

The last time we did this was in 2007, 
and our wonderful Grandma was there with all of us. 
I especially miss her during Christmas. 

Our group this year. 
Presley was quite the little baker.

Making our Kiss Cakes
Mylee played us some Christmas carols.

On Saturday morning the Lindholm's and Presley and I woke up and ran a 5K. It was the Cable Bridge Run and we both thought it was easier than the Turkey Trot. 

We parked at the Benton Fairgrounds and they bussed us to the Lampson Building which was the starting line. 

It was raining so we were able to wait for the start inside the building. 

When we walked out to the starting line we found Papa, who was walking in the 1 mile race.
#920 placed first in his age group (80-90)
There were two in his age group and I still think that's the coolest thing ever. 

Thomas texted us this picture of the start.  We ran right over the Cable Bridge. 

Mylee and Presley ran ahead of Alyson and I. 
Amy walked that first mile with Papa and then we waited for her at the 1 mile mark. 
My running buddy. 

We ran most of the way and managed to catch up with Mylee and Presley. 
I told Presley that she could finish with her cousins but she ran through the finish line with me. 
I think our offiical time was 45:02. We were about a minute behind Amy, Alyson, and Mylee. 
Thomas kicked all of our butts and crossed the finish line in 33 minutes.  I was so impressed. 

At the finish line with our cookies and water. 
We caught the shuttle bus back to our car.  

As we headed home we drove pass the house where I grew up. 
808 East 6th Avenue.

We raced back to Wenatchee too...Dad and Troy were leaving for a boxing fight in Shelton.  
It was a fun way to spend some time with my big girl....love her so much!!



No comments:

Post a Comment