Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas Decorations

I thought I'd better do a post about how I decorated our house during Christmas time. 
It's changed a bit year to year, but these are most of the decorations for 2014.

On our front door I always hang a live wreath. 

Coming in the front door...


I had a few of the kids' projects framed last year. 
(Logan's handprints from 2004, age 3 1/2)
Grandma's village.
I kind of fell in love with reindeer this year.
The reindeer head was one of only two new things I bought this year. 
I used it's antlers to open packages.
Sadly, on the 24th I was opening one last package and his antler broke. 
We tried to glue him back together but it just wouldn't stick on. 

In the dining room. 
Ry's painting from kindergarten. 
Barb gave me these old ornaments.  I think they're from when Dave was a little boy. 
I love the antique, vintage-ish look to them so I display them in little spots around the house. 
That jar has more of those old time ornaments. 
Harper's mistle-toes from 2013 (age 4 1/2)
Logan and Presley's Santas from fourth grade. 


On the kitchen windowsill.
Presley made this snowflake on the last day of school before Christmas break. 
Our oven stopped working so our landlady bought a new one. 
Unfortunately, she didn't buy a flat range so this new one had the knobs up top and created this awful looking silver back that was always exposed. 
We told her, thinking she had forgot that the old one was flat, but she didn't choose to replace it. 
So Hobby Lobby made me a frame to cover that and Dave painted the glass with chalkboard paint. 
I change the little sayings every once in a while. 
The fireplace with the Little People Nativity set. 
The windowsill near where the tree was this year. 
A little side table with Ry's drawing of Buddy the Elf. 
The Christmas Light garland was the only other decoration I bought this year. 
Our coffee table.  I used fresh boughs I found at Fred Meyer.
The gold pinecone is Dave's first little Christmas decoration to me back in 1995. 
For years, we alternated years putting it in each others stocking until I finally got tired of figuring out whose year it was.  Now it just makes it way out in the decor every year. 

I'm excited about decorating the new house next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment