Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The Lion King, Jr.


Presley and I went to see the fall Stage Kids production of Elf. 
The upcoming production is always announced opening night and we were there to hear it. 
I knew as soon as Mrs. McCormick announced it would be The Lion King, Jr. , I was pretty certain that Presley would want to try out. 

She tried out with the performance of "Almost There" from The Princess and the Frog. 
She was called back for a second and a third audition, and was given the role of Shenzi the Hyena. 

The Lion King performance ran Thursday through Sunday with six total shows. 
She had someone there for each of her performances. 
I worked on the lobby decorations and did microphone changes backstage. 



Thursday was opening night.
I was backstage doing microphones so I got to see her green room set-up.
She had to have her hair crimped, big and wild. 
My 1980's self was quite pleased with the crimping job and the aqua net I used to hold it. 
She was so excited. 

Grandma, Papa, and Papa Berries came to this performance. 


This is a friend of Presley's who played Prince Eric in The Little Mermaid and he came to ask her for her autograph. 
  Presley and Olivia 
Presley and her friend Tyler, who played an awesome Scar. 
Presley and Ella, who played one of the beautiful lionesses. 

Friday's Matinee was a school-only performance. 
I watched Presley from backstage on a little monitor they have back there. 

Bob and Tona came to Presley's Friday evening performance. 

Cristy came on Saturday's matinee and took Rylan with her. 
I didn't get a picture of Presley and Cristy, but Cristy did get this picture of Presley taking her bow.
 She also got a picture with Ry and his friend Piper, who played Little Nala. 

Danny, Tricia, and Lincoln came to the Saturday evening performance. 
They came to our house first for a little bit before to have some lunch, and then again after the show to get Link in his jammies for the ride home. 
Tricia said Lincoln did a great job sitting and watching the play. 

Presley was not double-cast in this play, but her friend Olivia was Pumba in the last 3 shows. 

The nights had been long and I hadn't got to tuck in Harper or Ry this whole week. 
When I got home on Saturday night, Harper had left me this note. 
Mommy, I love you.  Give me a kiss when you get back home. Love, Harper


Sunday was her very last show. 
Amy, Alyson, and Mylee drove up to watch today. 
We had bought Barb and Jim tickets for Mother's Day.
And we went as a family too. 


After the show parents had to stick around for strike which lasted a couple hours. 
Then Presley and her friends wanted to have dinner and hang out for a little bit at Applebee's. 
One of the other patrons asked me why all the kids were wearing such extensive make-up. 

Monday evening was the cast party.  
Presley had to come straight from her first soccer game.  

And that's a wrap for The Lion King, Jr. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment