Monday, December 2, 2013

Grandma's Christmas Village

Several years ago my Grandpa gave me my Grandma's Christmas village.  It has been in a few spots throughout the years but I really like where we put it up this year.  It's visible right as you walk through our front door.  We put it up yesterday.  It's old and it's been well loved.  Some of the village people have missing arms and the movie theatre has some missing wreaths, but I love it and I love that it's been so loved.  I remember she used to set it out on her breakfast nook bench--an area which is low to the ground and easily reachable for toddler hands.  I remember that she bought the train for Logan when he was a toddler and loved Thomas the Tank Engine.  I remember that I bought her the school and the gumdrop tree the first Christmas I had my first grade teaching position.  There's also a skating rink that I did not put out this year.  I'm always happy to have a piece of her with me during Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment