Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Solar Eclipse 2017

The Smith's came over for a swim and BBQ and we talked about the Solar Eclipse. 
I kinda knew it was happening, but hadn't put too much thought into it. 
Looking back I wish I would have bought moon pies to celebrate.

Logan had his sports physical that morning and we got back home about 9:45. 
We watched at first from the kitchen area. 

Then we moved outside to the deck.
(you can see the difference in the sky darkness between these two pictures)
Presley was very concerned for our safety, reminding everyone several times to not look directly at the sun or you will burn your retinas. 

She actually did remember learning about this solar eclipse during her 6th grade year. 
She told me that she was disappointed it wouldn't happen on her birthday.
I told her I didn't think the sun and moon would be willing to reschedule :).

We went out to the front to try to see some crescent shaped shadows, but we were too late. 

Wenatchee was at 92% totality, but I was expecting it to be much darker. 
We all noticed how much cooler it was. 
We did see the sun covered in a crescent shape on the right side and on the bottom.  

This was the picture I got...ha ha

Not quite what I had pictured, when I thought Wenatchee would look like this...
PC:  NASA

Cristy and Papa Berries drove to Potamus Point and were able to see a 100% eclipse. 
Pretty awesome...
That black dot is the moon eclipsing the sun.  That's really cool.
It looked much darker there to me. 


My texts with Dave




No comments:

Post a Comment