Sunday, August 21, 2016

Presley's 13th Birthday

It's a little hard to wrap my head around the fact that we have another teenager in the house...
but it's official...

Presley is 13!

I tried to wake up early enough to get her running through her balloons but in typical Presley fashion, she was the first one up. 
I found her eating nectarines and watching cartoons.  
(I did have to tell her she had to take a shower today)

Our beautiful teenager!

Presley chose to ask two of her friends (Ainsley couldn't join us) to come with us to see the Leavenworth production of "Beauty and the Beast".

We ate at Wok About Grill in Leavenworth
She wrote on the chalkboard that it was her birthday.

And the waitress must have took note because at the end of our meal she brought out two huge birthday sundaes. 
Ella has always been such a great friend of Presley's.
Her card spoke Presley's love language.
Hi it's me Ella
I hope you are having a great day. You are the best friend I could hope for.  
Happy Birthday Presley  -  Ella
Broadway
You will be  here someday

Presley wanted to make sure I included the story of our walk between the Wok About Grill and the Theatre.  I can't even explain it, but I tripped while walking and fell face first on the concrete.  The girls were walking just a couple steps ahead of me, and Presley turned around to see me laying there and yelled out, "mom, are you okay?", and then she kind of tried to shuffle over and help me up.  I was wearing a dress and I'm very positive that all the people headed into the theatre saw my undies.  My knees and elbows are banged up and my phone screen shattered, but mostly I was very embarrassed.  I don't even know how that happened. 

Aren't teenagers supposed to have the most embarrassing, "please world swallow me whole" moments?  
On this day, that moment belonged to the mom of the teenager.

The production was at Festhalle Theatre
Alex is a stage manager for Stage Kids who is also performing in Beauty and the Beast.  She saw the girls walk in and came up and talked to them in their seats for a little bit before the show. 
The show was fabulous and we stood in line to get a picture with Belle and the Beast. 

We dropped off Ella back at home and went out to eat dinner at Red Robin and headed home for presents and cake. 

She was a lucky girl this year because she got to celebrate with the Legard's at a big birthday celebration while she was spending the week with Grandma and Papa Kreider. 

I hope all your wishes come true this year sweet P!



No comments:

Post a Comment