Saturday, August 20, 2016

Logan Turns 15!

On Thursday August 4th I went downstairs to talk with Logan at about 10 (because it's summer, we kind of just talk with him for a few minutes and then close the door, but he doesn't go right to bed).  As I was leaving the room, he asked me whether there would be balloons on his door in the morning. 
I had bought some balloons earlier this week, but I teased with him, "oh great, now I've got to run to Wal-Mart". 

Most years I take a "last picture of Logan's ____ year", and it's usually a sleeping picture,  but after I hung the balloons I listened at the door and he was still watching a show on his phone. 
(I guess this is the first summer he can stay up later than his mama). 

We actually had to be up early on Friday the 5th because the windows were being cleaned. 
I went downstairs and woke up Ry and then Ry and I went into to Logan's room and woke him up together. 
The first look at my 15 year old. 
It's hard to see but Ry is snuggling his face close to Logan to tell him happy birthday. 


While the windows were being cleaned we went swimming.  
Dave and Presley drove to buy Logan a strawberry frappucino. 




Logan asked for pizza for dinner. 
We ate and opened presents and had cake and ice cream.
The kids bought him a pair of sunglasses. 

He was not impressed with his cake. 
(In my defense, I had ordered a small cake because we were headed to Spokane for a soccer tournament in the morning and I didn't want old cake in the fridge when we got back). 

And I took Logan out for a drive for his 15th birthday!
Amy texted me while we were out...


I had promised him this, and then when I looked into getting his driver's permit I found out that he isn't allowed to drive/obtain his permit until just 10 days before his driver's education class begins. 
So I made a little illegal exception to the rule and allowed Logan to drive around the empty Mormon church parking lot. 

We snuggled down to watch the Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony for a while.
Michael Phelps carried in the American flag. 

It was kind of late when this ended so I was rushing to get the kids' teeth brushed and get them to bed, and Presley and Rylan were telling me they had one more thing to show Logan. 
(I had no idea what this was about and was kind of crabby with the kids telling them to hurry up)
And I went downstairs and they had created
this Happy Birthday message on Minecraft for Logan. 


We Love You Logan!


No comments:

Post a Comment