Monday, May 13, 2024

San Francisco Memories

Presley applied to take part in the Western Psychological Association conference in San Francisco. 

She was invited to come based on her research at Gonzaga.  

I attended it with her on Wednesday-Friday, April 24th-26th 


I flew out of Wenatchee on Wednesday morning and met her in San Francisco. 
We weren't on the same flight but did arrive within a half hour of each other. 

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency, the location of the conference. 
Presley and her partner stayed together and I stayed in my own room. 
The check in line was really long and the desk clerk was apologizing for the wait and telling me about the conference and I mentioned that I was there because my daughter was presenting. 
She then offered to upgrade my room and put me on the same floor as Presley and her partner. 
My room was so nice!


The view from my room. 
This was Thursday morning, the day they presented. 
I think Presley was a little nervous.  





Their research was on the share-ability of cannabis among heavy and light college aged users. 
They found that heavy users are less likely to share than light users BUT heavy users are also more likely to have attempted to cut back on their usage in the past month. 

That evening we walked down to the Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, and took a boat tour past Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge. 





Going past Alcatraz Island


No stop in San Fran would be complete with a treat from Ghiradelli
It was getting a little dark by the time we finished up so we took an Uber back to the Hyatt.

Dave, Harper, and Ry drove to Seattle on Thursday evening and left on Friday morning to his first spring tournament across the bay in Oakland. 

Dave took a picture of where he parked because Harper and I were going to be driving home from Seattle on Saturday evening. 
Him and Rylan would be flying to Wenatchee on Sunday evening after his tournament. 


Harper played with the Wiki Sticks again.

On Friday, Presley and I decided to spend a few hours on a hop on/hop off bus. 



San Francisco Civic Center

We hopped off at The Painted Houses.
The second house in from the right is the one featured in Full House. 
Real people live here now, but its a popular tourist stop. 


Dave, Harper and Ry made it to the airport and got their rental car and headed over to Oakland.  
Ry had a game tonight so Presley and I took an Uber to the gym. 
I would be staying with them tonight and Presley would stay one more night with Kendall. 
Ry played amazing tonight.  They lost by 8 and he had 25 points. 



Presley Uber'ed on her own back to San Fran and we went to eat at In-N-Out with Rylan's team. 


Ry continued to play so great all week-end. 

Harper and I flew home on Saturday evening (I was lucky to get to watch 1 game on Friday and both games on Saturday) because she had her end of the year volleyball party on Sunday afternoon. 

They won their one game on Sunday. 

Harper at her volleyball party on Sunday. 
It was a nice wrap up to their season. 


Ry ran over to Emory's house once he got home on Sunday to decorate her room and ask her to Prom. 
(Her friend took her shopping so Ry had some time to set up).

And then a few days later, Ry's teammate texted him that he made the All Star Team for the tournament. 
That was great recognition for him. 










































No comments:

Post a Comment