Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Black Friday

I have not been a big Black Friday shopper.
I stood in line at Target at 3 in the morning when Harper was a year old to get her a motorized car and they were out by the time I got in there. 
When I asked one of the workers if there were any in the back, he told me to go home and order online.
(and so started the practice of online Christmas shopping)
(plus, I was probably going to save $4.99 and that's just not worth waking up that early for)

Presley had mentioned to me a few weeks ago that her and a couple friends wanted to go Black Friday shopping.
I was happy she asked me to come along with her.
(In reality, that meant picking up her friends at 4:45 AM and running to Starbucks for them)

We loaded up at 4:37 and I put on some Christmas music to get us in the mood.

The first stop was JCPenny for the Sephora opening at 6 AM.
They were handing out totes with some sample make-up and a $10 gift card. 
They were eighth in line and it was 5:10 AM. 

Mom, would you walk to Starbucks and get us a drink?

Then we shopped at Target. 
It actually wasn't that crowded because they had been open since 6 PM Thanksgiving night. 

After Target, we drove over to the mall and found the best deals at Bath and Body Works. 
(and they stopped to play on the mall's indoor playground).

We walked down to Macy's too.

Dave was at home at this time getting Logan to basketball practice, and he took Ry and Harper out to breakfast. 

Our last stop for the morning was Hobby Lobby. 
They still had a lot of sillies, but it felt like 4 in the afternoon to me. 
It was 9:30 in the morning. 

I dropped off Olivia and we came home and took a nap while the Apple Cup was played. 
Later that afternoon I started taking down November and got out my Christmas boxes. 
And Harper and I ended the night watching a Christmas movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment