Monday, March 17, 2014

Rylan is SEVEN: 2-27-14

Rylan,
Today you are SEVEN years old!!  Who said you could grow up and turn into such a handsome little man? 

Before school this morning.  

My last picture of you as a six year old.  
I took this when I tucked in Logan for the night. 
He turned on his lamp and you rolled over, keeping your puppy (blanket) wrapped around your tiny shoulders.  One of your bedtime rules is to keep puppy closest to you. Other blankets can be on top of you, but puppy has to be the one touching you. 


Today, Harper and I brought in treats for you and your classmates.  You specifically asked for cupcakes with Angry Birds and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle ring toppers.  We stayed while you handed out treats and the class sang happy birthday to you.  Mrs. Jansen asked if you would like a helper to pass out cupcakes and napkins, and you told the class to make penguin sounds and you would pick the person with the best sound.  So that was as calm and quiet as you would imagine.  Eventually, you picked a little girl to be your helper. 
Mrs. Jansen let you choose a book for your present from her. 

You are a popular and friendly little boy.  You always have lots of friends (both boys and girls) who stand next to you and play with you at recess.  Every morning when I drop you off, you rush off to play a soccer game with your group of friends.  I asked you if you ever lose and you told me sometimes you tie with the other team.  I've come into lunch and you are often sitting by boys and girls and cracking them up with your silly voices and jokes you can tell.  

You are still an active little guy.  You come home with holes in your sweats and jeans from playing at recess. You are a tough little man too, hardly ever crying or complaining of something hurting you.  During the cold winter days I would ask you if you would like to take gloves to school with you and you'd tell me, "no, I'm tough outside".  

You have become so responsible this year too.  You are often the first child ready to go in the morning--dressed, breakfast eaten, teeth brushed, shoes on, and backpack ready to go.  You very rarely ask me to tie your shoes anymore.  At the dinner table you like to share about your day and every day you can tell us something you learned at school.  You are a good student and recently moved up to level 10 books (and I don't know what that means, but you were so excited).  You are a good reader and a good speller.   I think you've gotten 10 out of 10 on all your spelling tests except one 9 out of 10.  You like to be challenged in academics and rarely complain about getting your homework done.  You love to read to me at night and be read to, especially Superhero books, and this makes me very happy.   Presley sometimes listens to you read at night and she'll help you sound out words.  

You love Logan, like really love him and look up to him in many ways.  He's very good to you too.  You'll often play soccer and basketball with him.  It's a very sweet relationship.  You'd really like to do more skiing with him.  Logan tells me, "I just love my little buddy", referring to you.    Logan has helped you build many Lego sets this year, and you're practically building them yourself at this point. 

Harper likes you alot too.  You two like to take baths together that usually ends up with a water mess.  You play a game with two of my rings and a duck (you two always ask for the rings and the duck and two washcloths).  When you're doing your homework after school, Harper says she has homework too and will sit next to you and color while you finish up.   At Logan's games, you two will color or play together (with other kids) to pass the time.  

You finally lost 2 teeth this year (bottom middle).  You like milk with your meals.  You like to ride your motorcycle and jump on the trampoline.  You learned how to ride your bike this year.  I love that you'll still hold my hand and give me kisses on the cheek.  When I tuck you into bed, you yell down "I love you mom" like 10 times as I'm walking down the stairs.  

You are lucky #7 this year, and we're so lucky you are our son.

Grandma called to wish you a happy birthday. 


The Lindholm's bought you an etch-a-sketch.
Haper and Logan wanted a turn to play with it too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment