Friday, November 29, 2013

Turkey Trot: 11-28-13

My sweet girl Presley completed Girls on the Run with a 5K Grand Finale.  Presley needed a running buddy and I tried to talk Logan into running with her, to which he would not agree to.  So on Thanksgiving morning, Presley and I participated in the Turkey on the Run 5K.



It was a very sunny and cold morning.   Presley was really happy to be there.  She's definitely a social bug and got into the spirit of the run by spray painting her hair and picking a tutu and turkey headband to wear.

Presley's 4th grade Girls on the Run group...
This was my view for most of the run.  Presley would run way ahead and then slow down to a walk while I caught up with her.  Dave told her to run with me, but this is how it went.  As we were rounding the corner to the very end of the race, she asked me to hold hands with her through the finish line arch.  That made the whole run worth it to me.   Love this girl so, so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment