Friday, November 15, 2013

Lately...


I read this saying on Facebook and I loved it...

Thanksgiving always moves into Christmas, because thanksgiving always moves out into the world as giving.

Here's what I've been up to...
I've only read a few pages of this book so far.  It's about excess and it's all around me and it's opening my eyes to some ugly truths about me.  
I recently heard Jen Hatmaker speak and was just drawn to the way she tells a story and writes.  I was reading Interrupted one day during Harper's gymnastics and I literally had to look away from the book because it was making me want to cry--And it was making me uncomfortable to read the statistics.  And I'm pretty sure the story about bananas (p. 47) is a lot like me.  
I also heard Christine Caine speak and wow, she is living an incredible life.  This woman can speak!! Her heart is with girls being forced to do unspeakable things by being tricked and then forced into slavery.  It exists and its scary.  And listening to her made me want to give her organization all of my money to get these girls back to their parents.  
I've started volunteering in Presley's classroom during a literary circle time and this is the book we're reading.  
Harper and I went into Bath and Body Works last week and I'm loving the holiday line, especially Vanilla Bean.  I'm using the body wash, lotion, and the lip balm.  Well, Harper is mostly generously applying the lip balm--it tastes really good. 
I've turned on the Christmas music too.  I love me some Michael Buble.  I was in Macy's on November 1st and heard the first Christmas songs of the season and thought why not?  
Dave and I are watching Homeland again this season.  Mostly he watches, figures out the plot of the episode, and then tells me what's going on because I can't follow it very well--I just hope Saul is a good guy after all.  I have my doubts.  Oh, and I hope our girls don't turn out like Brody's daughter (I can't remember her name).  

I'm watching these two shows on Netflix.  Love them both.  
So that's what's going on with me lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment