Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Week-End

We didn't have much planned for Labor Day.  I knew that it was the last hurrah before school started and wanted to have a laid back, no fuss type of week-end.  I think we were pretty successful at that.

On Thursday night, Presley was invited to stay the night at her best friend Taylor's house.  I dropped her off about 6.  I love getting texts like this...

We have promised Presley all summer long that we would take her to the new One Direction 3D movie that came out on Friday.  Dave wasn't busy this Friday, so I took Presley and Taylor to the 1:00 showing while he stayed home with Logan, Ry, and Harper.  It was packed full of crazy and loud teenage girls.  Presley loved, loved, loved it though and I was glad to get to be with her.
And then this happened on Saturday....
Rylan saw his bike in the garage and decided he'd like to give it a try without his training wheels.  At first we raised up the training wheels so they weren't really touching the ground and I told him if he could make two big circles without touching, I'd take off the wheels.  Five minutes later, they were off.   I have not once got the bikes out this summer, and I don't even have an excuse for that.  But just like that, we've got ourselves another biker, and he loves it.  I probably could have done this back in June.  He did so awesome and was so brave.  He rode around in the circle area for the rest of the week-end every chance he got.  And we did a lot of watching from the garage...

Saturday night we celebrated Patty's birthday party at the Gillin's house.  There was music and dancing and dinner.  The kids and I danced to Ride, Sally, Ride (I don't know if this is the official name of the song).  All the kids went into the middle of the circle and showed off their dance skills.  Ry showed off his impressive Gangham Style moves.  It was such a fun time.

On Sunday night, Dave and Logan had a fantasy football draft in the Tri-Cities.  I decided not to go and instead took the others to the Lake Chelan Waterslides.  I don't have any pictures because I actually went down the slides this time.  The kids discovered the lazy river so we went around and around on that.  It was 93 degrees out but that didn't stop them from wanting to spend a lot of time in the hot tub.

Monday was the kids' last official day of summer break.  They decided they wanted to spend the day at Lake Chelan with the inner tubes.  So we took a few hours and played in the water and the sand.  I was secretly trying to wear them out so they'd sleep well for school tomorrow.

Presley and I have been planning a Back to School dinner this week.  She wanted to help cook spaghetti, corn on the cob, watermelon, mozzarella bites, and taquitos (this one was totally her idea).  She helped me cook, set the table, got the drinks ready, and helped clean up.


I took a couple of fun pictures as the kids were heading up for reading time.   
What a great way to end a great summer.  First day of school tomorrow!!

As I was typing this Logan came down to tell me he felt nervous about being at a new and bigger school.  Dave and I took a few minutes to talk to him.  I think he's good now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment