Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back to School: September 3, 2013

Summer is all wrapped up and it was back to that darn alarm...BLECH!!


The kids woke up and were very excited this morning.  Presley came in my bathroom and was going potty and said, "it seems like yesterday I was going to kindergarten".  They had already picked out their outfits for the day and the boys took showers, got dressed, put shoes on, backpacks packed, and breakfast eaten.  We were taking pictures and loading up in the car by 7:40.


Logan had told us last night that he didn't think he wanted us to walk him in, but he wasn't 100% sure.  I offered to walk him in as we were driving up, but he said no, he was alright.  
This new 6th grader on his way to Foothills Middle School
I was praying in the car that he'd find a friend right when he walked through the doors.  And I really wanted to yell out "I Love You".

Then we made our way to Sunnyslope Elementary to drop off our first and fourth graders.  They were super thrilled about going to school.

We took Ry to his class first.  He was all business--backpack away, quick kiss on the cheek, and he remembered from Root Beer Social Night exactly where his seat was and he sat down.
Presley held my hand all the way to her fourth grade class.  She told me she felt nervous, but got her backpack in her locker right away and then she seemed embarassed her Dad and mom were with her.  She gets giggly and smiles really big when she's nervous.
When we loaded back up into the car Harper said to me, "NOW we are alone."  It's her turn tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment