Monday, July 8, 2013

Week-end Fun

On Friday, July 5th I woke up early and headed to the Tri-Cities to pick up my mom and sisters for a week-end trip to Portland.  We wanted to go before Samee had the baby and this was a good week-end to do it.  It was also my Mom's birthday.  We stayed at The Days Inn and shopped at the Troutdale outlets, the Clackamas Center, Target, Kohl's, Old Navy, Washington Square, and Trader Joe's.  We ate at California Pizza, Elmers, and Cheesecake Factory.  Amy drove all around Portland and only got turned around (we never say lost) once.

Selecting a travel system in Target.  We ended up buying her one for her baby shower.  
Eating at The Cheesecake Factory
Samee, mom, Leanna, Amy
We don't consider it a successful shopping trip unless the back of the car is full...SUCCESS!!
Dave stayed home with the kids and our friends that moved to California last summer came for a visit.  Logan and Presley spent Friday with their kids Joey and Hayley at Lake Chelan.  Dave went to the hospital with Ry and Harper on Friday and then out to Starbucks.  I received these via text. 
On Saturday there was a big family BBQ for the Richmond's so Dave took all the kids to that.  There were several Sunnyslope families there and one was Ry's friend Shawn.  Shawn's parents bought the Richmond's home in Wenatchee last summer and he and Ry were in the same kindergarten class.  Dave talked with his parents for quite some time and Shawn's mom shared the sweetest story of Ry.  Shawn has cerebral palsy that effects one of his legs and one of his arms.  Shawn's mom shared that Ry would help Shawn zip his coat everyday at school so that he could get out to recess in time to have some play time.  Ry had told me many times of playing soccer and basketball with Shawn at recess, but he had never mentioned how he helped make that happen.  Thinking of this makes my heart grow.  It makes me tear up thinking about it.  
On Sunday, I stopped by to see one of my favorite people in the world before heading home.  
My Grandpa!!
I found him in his backyard.  He stopped mowing his lawn and we sat out on his swing and talked.  
Sunday was also Dave's mom's birthday.  While I was driving home, Dave took the kids over there for swimming and I would meet them over there a little later.  I got home and put things away with no "helpers".  I found one of Presley's little notes on my weekly menu.  She wanted a little "happyness" for dinner.    
I met up with my family over at Barb and Jim's house and we did some more swimming, opened presents, and had cheesecake and ice cream. 

I told Ry I wanted to get a picture of the kids with Grandma and he decided Grandma's swim hair needed a little fixing. 
The best we could get after being in the sun and water all day. 
Another fun summer night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment