Monday, July 22, 2013

Celebrating Princess Nihill and Britian's heir...

Heir, Shmeir...more on that later.  We had a super important princess to celebrate on Saturday.  


Mom woke up WAY earlier than us on Saturday morning and got started on her grocery shopping.  I had absolutely nothing to do with the food.  By the time the kids and I were up and ready for the morning she was already back and ready to make her egg salad.  We ate breakfast and went to Samee and Nate's house to deliver the tuna that Samee would make for the shower.  We got to see her house and the baby's room and all the neat presents she received from her work shower. We then went to Fred Meyer and Frost me Sweet to pick up the cute petit-fours. We then went back to her house to load things up and off to Amy's house for the final decorating and laying out the foods and drinks.  We got there about 12:40.

My darling 14 year old niece taught me how to put pictures in a grid formation.  It's just an app I needed on my phone.  I swear I'd still be using a flip phone and not knowing how to text if it wasn't for Dave.  

Decoration Pictures: 

The main table.  My mom had the Dad and Mom picture made for them. 
  

The pink and chocolate mints were in shapes of pacifiers and baby carriages. 
These round tins were take home gifts and filled with pink, white, and gray M&M's. 



Papa Berries came and picked up Logan and Rylan to take them swimming.  But only after I got a couple of great pictures.

 Papa definitely did not want to be at this "hen" party.  

Cristy was our first guest to arrive and she helped with the last minute preparations and then Grandma Kreider came.  Samee's friends Mary and Myrna came and more of the Legard family:  Connie, Holly, Tricia, Tona,  and Karisa.  Samee arrived 20 minutes late!!  But she looked radiant and happy to see everyone and was a good sport with the games.  



Samee figuring out the picture was one taken just the night before...

 


Amy was a good hostess
With her girls Alyson and Mylee
Samee received lots of neat gifts but none were more special than a baby blanket from our Great Grandma Pauline (Pom Pom).  She crocheted these blankets years before her death and gave them to our Papa Berries to hand out when her great grandchildren had babies.  The pink and white was perfect for Samee's baby. 
Harper and Thomas spent the majority of the shower in his movie room watching Tangled.  Harper would come out and get some candies or fruit shish-ka-bobs and then return back to Thomas.  I came around the corner to take this picture and before she could see me, I heard her say, "I think we need some more candy."  Thomas didn't disagree with her. She didn't behave very well at all.  I was kind of embarassed. 
This baby's half dozen cousins doing the cupcake pose. 
I bet she's going to fit right in...


And in other international news,  it's a boy for the Prince and Duchess...

I woke up and did my phone check and found out that Duchess Catherine had been admitted into St. Mary's hospital and was in labor.  We had swim lessons and Ry's soccer camp so I was checking my phone off and on throughout the morning.  I texted with Tricia and Amy and Samee about Kate being in labor.  I knew that the birth would be officially announced via a signed Royal paper being framed and placed on an easel behind the gates of Buckingham Palace... I love old traditions, and isn't that exactly how birth announcements should happen..with all this anticipation and grandeur.

We got home, had lunch and I checked on our home computer one more time before Logan and I sat down for a Monday afternoon ritual of watching, "Whodunnit", a murder mystery reality show.  At 12:41, Dave texted me "It's a boy" and that is how I got the official word.

My peeps know me so well...

A snippet of the texts I received today...
Samee and Amy (group message), Tricia, Dave, and Tona

One thing the new prince and Samee and Nate's baby seem to have in common:  
Neither have a name (and I'd like to have something monogrammed for OUR royal baby!)



Edited to Add:  The prince's name is Prince George Alexander Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment