Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Grandma's Service: April 24, 2013



Grandma's service was held on Wednesday, April 24th at Mueller's Funeral Home.  We drove down in the morning and met everyone at Mueller's.  All of Grandma's family walked in carrying a rose to be placed in a vase at the alter.  Each child's family had their own color (ours was yellow).  We all kind of got separated so Rylan ended up sitting in the middle of Papa Berries and my mom.  My mom shared afterwards that he held one hand of hers and one hand of Papa Berries the entire service.  At one point, people were standing and sharing memories of Grandma and we all laughed and Rylan told my mom "this is not a funny time".  I think I might have warned him once or 100 times in the van that this was not a time to be silly.  My cousin Holly played the harp and the piano,  my cousin Cristy gave the eulogy, and my dad put together a video to be shown.  It was all really beautiful.

After the service we all went downstairs to have a light lunch and visit with family.  My Papa's brothers and wives both came (Jack and Nancy and Jerry and Gloria) as well as my mom's cousins Helen and Connie and their husbands Rick and John.  My Grandma Kreider and Aunt Linda and Uncle Kelen were there.  Some of my Grandma's neighbors were there and even a childhood friend of my uncles was there.  One lady, Velma, shared a memory of my Grandma during the service, that she remembered when my Grandma and Papa were dating and she was in their wedding.  My mom's friend Louise and Tricia's mom Sue and her husband Dev attended.  There were quite a few people who had such loving memories and I know my mom enjoyed seeing and talking with everyone.


After the luncheon we went back to my mom and dad's house and had a spaghetti dinner with my Papa and his brother Jerry and wife Gloria.  The kids were happy to play with Alyson and Mylee and to get out of their nice clothes.  Logan and Grandma did the back to back measurement and it appears Logan is now about a half inch taller than his Grandma.  We stayed until about 8:30 and let the kids sleep in in the morning and then took them to school for a half day on Thursday.  



















No comments:

Post a Comment