Tuesday, May 14, 2013

She's having a baby...

My sister Samee that is!!  After weeks of knowing and no more possibility of Samee trying to conceal the ever growing bump ...a well placed scarf can only last so long...Samee finally sent out a Mother's Day e-mail announcing that her and Nate will become parents in early September.

Harper sharing secrets with Samee

My parents, Amy and Thomas, and Dave and I have known since the first week of April.  Samee shared with all of them over dinner one night.  She shared with me the next week-end when I was down visiting grandma by showing me this picture...I'm a bit disappointed in myself that it took so long for it to click.

Her dogs' necklaces say "Baby Sitter Ready for Duty"


We sent Samee a card and some bows that next week and Logan signed the card "I was hoping it would be a boy, but I'll love her anyways".  Presley has surprised me with how well she's been able to keep a secret (we've been down to the Tri-Cities several times since knowing and she never uttered a peep).  I think she suggested Seraphina for a name.

I had my suspicions as early as Easter (March 31st).  As a matter of fact, I took both Amy and Dave to the side that day and told them I thought Samee was sporting a baby bump.  Amy denied that she knew anything--I even told her to check out Samee's boobs--they looked bigger to me, and Dave told me that "her and Nate are probably in love, celebrating their engagement, and eating and drinking too much.  Lay off her Leanna".  Ha!!  After I told Dave the news he actually said, "you were right all along".  I think I've got good baby radar.

Easter pictures and the beginnings of a bump..


I can't wait for Samee and Nate to experience the rest of this pregnancy and parenthood.  And I absolutely can't wait to have another sweet niece to hold and love on (and shop for)!!


No comments:

Post a Comment