Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Spring Break: Great Wolf Lodge

The week after Easter was the kids' spring break.   Amy, Mylee, my mom, and me and the kids were planning to head to Grand Mound, Washington to enjoy the Great Wolf Lodge.  Alyson was on her 8th grade spring break trip to Washington D.C.  Amy, mom, and Mylee were about 15 minutes out of town when Tona called my mom to tell her Grandma was going to have surgery on her broken hip that day so Amy turned around to take mom back to the hospital.  I am so thankful that Amy was not much further into her trip because as it turns out, it was very important for my mom to be there and not with us. That left me and the kids with an extra long break at North Bend where we were planning to meet up.  We spent that time shopping at the outlet mall there until Amy and Mylee caught up with us. Finally we finished the last leg of the journey and immediately checked in and headed to the indoor water park.  I don't have many pictures because I was worried about all the water but we had a really fun time.  All of the kids really loved the wave pool...that little Ry is such a great swimmer.  And Logan and Presley loved the big kid water slides, which were so fun.  Amy and I would take turns going with them and staying with Ry and Harper.  Mylee stayed alone a few times with the little ones too.  Mylee really liked the challenge of crossing the floating lily pads which she had to cross by hanging onto an overhead rope.  Harper and Ry went down every slide they were tall enough to go on, but they both really liked the hot tub.   It was such a fun trip for Spring Break.    

This was in the morning waking up Mylee. 
Ry and Harper on a roller coaster type arcade ride...I love Ry's expression.  

No comments:

Post a Comment