Monday, September 14, 2020

Rylan's First Day of EIGHTH grade (8-31-20)

 Happy Last Day of Middle School!

Ry is going to attend Cashmere Middle School this year.   We had to choice him in, and got approval for that to happen in late July.  We have loved the kids' middle school, but have felt like Ry would excel academically and socially at a smaller high school.  So, he's going to give it a try this weird year, and if he doesn't connect with teachers or make friends ( we wouldn't want him to get to high school and not have made friends ) OR if he just doesn't like it for any reason,  he hasn't missed a whole lot with the Wenatchee group he knows and he'll head to WHS his freshman year.  

So it might be a little strange having four kids on 4 different school year calendars (Presley's Running Start schedule and Logan's Wesleyan schedule are also different that either the Wenatchee or Cashmere School Districts),  but that just sort of sums up 2020...I"m learning to roll with the punches!



I am so thankful that Ry catches on to technology as well as he does. 
He knew just where to go to find the Zoom links and to log on to his classes. 

My view for that first day. 
I wanted to make sure he was able to get on and that everything was running smoothly. 
I do not spend my morning hours like this anymore!

Rylan's 2nd day of eighth grade...he was waving his arms to get called on during a Zoom session because he knew an answer. 

I laughed during Harper's learning time when one of the kids figured out how to use the pencil tool and was scribbling through all the answers.  Her teacher couldn't figure out who it was :).


I do like that I don't have to make their lunches every night, and that they'll often eat heated up dinner leftovers. 

I do receive the occasional text from one of them...

We're doing okay with online learning,  but looking forward to hopefully going back to in-class learning at some point. 























No comments:

Post a Comment