Saturday, January 28, 2017

Welcome to 2017!

After spending lots of hours on December 30th and 31st catching up on blogging for the year 2016 
(it would drive me crazy to not have my year finished), 
I resolved to not get behind for 2017.
Ha...I'm posting New Year's Eve 30 days late!

Yep!

New Years Eve 2016...

I spent most of the day putting away Christmas. 
This is where it stayed for the next couple of days.  
I wasn't very motivated to just get it boxed up and put away. 

My last day to tear off. 

Presley went to the ceramic place (Inspirations) with a group of friends so I took one last quick picture before she left. 
(I don't have any words for Logan's hair...it was such a mess and he didn't want to cut it until soccer season.  It was bad!)

Logan was also leaving to spend the night with a group of friends. 
He told us the party at Chase's was going to be "lit". 
And if by "lit" he meant pizza, snap chatting, texting, and playing video games with 5 buddies while being supervised by Chase's Dad, then yes, it was lit. 

Dave and I took the kids out to eat dinner at the Wok About Grill.
Our fortunes were looking pretty good for 2017.

The snow was coming down tonight.  
Counting down at midnight
Happy New Year 2017
Toasting with sparkling cider 
We all made it to midnight

I texted with Amy, Samee, Grandma, Papa and Logan
Logan was impressed that Harper made it to midnight too.

Meanwhile, back in the Tri-Cities...
This group got together for treats and Bunco at Joe and Lanae's house


I actually bought this sign for someone for Christmas but it didn't arrive in time 
(came December 23rd).
I think I'll keep it. 

There will be lots of things in 2017, both big and small, that will continue to be out of my control.

Maybe the best thing I can do this year is love my family.



No comments:

Post a Comment