Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thanksgiving: November 26, 2015

We hosted Thanksgiving this year at our new house. 
There were 9 of us here:  our family plus grandma and papa Nelson and Dave's co-worker Phil.

I woke up early and ran to the grocery store because I forgot a few things.  
I came home to find the 3 of the 5 people I'm most thankful for.

Dave got up and moving and got the turkey stuffed and ready for cooking. 
That is one job that I would not do today. 

The kids went outside to skate on the retention pond which is frozen over (it's only a few inches deep) and sled.  I took the sledding pictures from Harper's bedroom windows. 
A neighbor boy joined them down there. 


Rylan, Presley, and Harper

The kids came in and got ready and Dave's parents and Phil showed up. 
I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the kids with Grandma and Papa. 
I think I was busy making sure everything was ready to be put out. 
Dave sliced the turkey. 

Our table looked so pretty. 

I meant to take a picture of my pies before we dived in. 
Both the chocolate cream and the pumpkin pies were delicious. 

We watched some football and then everyone left. 

We read our Thankful Notes. 
Harper handed them to Logan to read. 
These were a few of them. 
Logan:  "I'm thankful for mom's dinner, it's yummy" (read in a  very sarcastic voice)
Presley:  "I'm thankful for Stage Kids because it gives me confidence."
She wrote the most notes this year.  
Rylan:  "I'm thankful for the holidays"  And then he laughed because he also signed this note Bob.
Harper:  "I can jump" and "I like the playground"
The rest are in our 2015 box. 

Tricia texted me some pictures. 
Lincoln's First Thanksgiving
Papa Berries, Link, and Miryn

Logan's snap chat of Dave pretty much summed us all up!!

When I climbed into bed, Dave had put two Hershey kisses on my pillow for me. 
Thankful for a sweet surprise at the end of a long and busy day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment