Saturday, April 18, 2020

Quarantine's Emotional Moments

I feel like we've been pretty level headed about this quarantine:  here's what's happening and why and here's how our family is going to handle it. 
But I do find myself, at times, on either end of the spectrum:   "life as we know it is over" and "let's make crafts and eat baked treats all day."

And there's been some tears too...mostly to be blamed on the overwhelming thoughts of what we're missing out on! I'm sure I'll be able to continue to add on to this post...

https://youtu.be/PJBFT9DyIX0

(Ry's teachers singing Lean on Me--this got me while I watched with Ry)

https://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/coronavirus/lost-season-wenatchee-boys-soccer-team-was-showing-much-promise/article_9667dc86-7a92-11ea-8562-0f05ed0065d8.html

Logan's soccer coach, on this year's team. 



https://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/coronavirus/wenatchee-valley-grad-ideas-2020-drive-in-parade-or-just-log-in/article_a209ae46-7e86-11ea-b61e-cfc556796f75.html

How our community is looking at ways for the seniors to graduate. 

An e-mail from Harper's teacher. 

Presley's friend dropped off a bracelet she made for her. 
They didn't get any closer than this....and she's wearing gloves, and they're giving each other a good-bye "hug".

Another moment of tears for me. 
Harper "seeing" her teacher for the first time in over a month. 
Her teacher was getting emotional too!

And Ry's first google meet with his teachers too...
the teacher asked if anyone had anything to share so Ry chased Chewy down to show him off. 


I hate these new floor stickers reminding me to stay 6 feet away from people.

Maybe this will be Harper's conversation/memories about the quarantine/Coronavirus one day.





















No comments:

Post a Comment