Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Rylan's 11th Birthday

Presley and I hung balloons the night before.  She had picked out these illuminating balloons, and I was worried the light would wake Ry up (he likes it dark and cold in his room), but he slept right through. 

 Harper was an early riser this morning so she woke him up with me. 
She shook him and said, "wake up birthday boy."

The first look at my 11 year old!

Before school. 
It's the week leading up to Family Fun Night at the school, and today was Tie-Dye Day (Harper is wearing one of Presley's old shirts).

I brought goodie bags to his class today. 
Our school district is trying a no-treats policy, but Ry's teacher told us that she didn't care if we brought goodies in for birthdays. 
I told Ry that, but he was very concerned about what we could bring because some kids have allergies. 
He decided on goodie bags with a little maze puzzle, a slinging-sticky hand, and organic apple juice. 

Everyone is singing happy birthday to him. 

 I asked Ry if he wanted a picture with his friends, and he said, "Friends, come take a picture with me."  And the whole class stood up to surround him.  
He didn't yell it out or ask for everyone to come over. 
He practiced his recorder after school today. 




He wanted a white cake with chocolate frosting and yellow writing this year. 
He's been into survival type things lately so I added some explore/adventure wooden pieces to place in the cake to dress it up a little bit.  He loved those. 
He asked for a water filter, knives, and a survival back pack for his birthday. 
When I was giving my mom ideas, I told her that he's only been as far as the retention pond and around the block on his bike.  
I'm not entirely sure how much of an explorer he is, but let's hope he doesn't show up on a future episode of Naked and Afraid!

Hope all your dreams come true always Ry-Bear!




No comments:

Post a Comment