Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Week-End in Review

The first week back to school is always kind of a shock to the system.  
It's not easy to get back in the routine of waking up early, school, homework, early bedtimes. 
I was thankful we didn't have much going on during the week. 

Friday, Logan did have his last Combine try-out in Ravensdale. 
Presley was happy when she realized that she got to sit in the front seat all weekend long. 
And that I was stopping at Starbucks for Frappuccino Friday. 

Dave took Colby to December's try outs, so Kelley took Logan this time. 
(All photo credits to Kelley)

These are the boys (in Logan's age group) from around the state who made the combine this year.  
This was the introduction on Friday night. 

On Saturday morning they woke up and this was parked outside their hotel. 
A 12th Man Lamborghini
Logan thought that was so cool. 

Saturday's try outs were interesting because the coaches split up the teams, Eastside vs. Westside. 
The Eastside team consisted of boys from Wenatchee, Yakima, Tri-Cities and Spokane. 
They lost the first scrimmage 1-2.  

During Saturday's second session they scrimmaged again and Eastside won this time 2-1. 
Logan said he had a lot of action and made some good saves. 
(That one goal was scored while another goalie was in)

Logan told us the head coach was there and he teased Logan for wearing a Manchester United cap because he is a fan of another England team. 

And now we wait for the selections to be posted. 
And keep our fingers crossed. 

On Friday night Ainsley asked Presley to go ice skating and Dave took Harper and Rylan to see Star Wars again. 
So I hung out on the couch and watched Shark Tank and 20/20. 

Saturday morning toothless grin. 

Harper and Ry helped Dave shovel the driveway. 

On Saturday we went out to eat for dinner and then walked around Big Lots just for something to do. 
We bought Ry and Harper a little notebook. 

We came home and Presley and I tried out a mask she received for Christmas. 

Logan got home tonight about 11. 

On Sunday we watched football. 
And the kids danced. 

(Harper changes outfits approximately 17 times a day)

I saw Rylan's little notebook and opened it to find little notes to all of us.  
Dear Mom,  I love you so much.  If I didn't have you I would die. I need you forever and I will never forget you.  Rylan

Dear Dad, I love you as much as mom.  You are so funny and I hope you have the best life ever.  Rylan

Dear Harper, I love you so much.  I love that you are so crazy.  I hope you have a great life.  Rylan

Dear Presley, I hope you follow your dreams of acting and you are so smart.  I hope you have a great life.  Rylan

Dear Logan,  I know that we will be on a soccer team.  I think that with enough training you'll be better than Iker Casillas.  Have a great life Logan.  Rylan

My mom got this book at Big Lots on January 9.  I thought it would be cool but instead I got a doggy one but i still like it. 
(The notebook had a dog picture on the front). 

 I'm not sure where Rylan is going but he'd like us all to have a great life.  
We're off to a great start of 2016. 





No comments:

Post a Comment