Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sweet September

Some special highlights from the month of September.

**Logan's transition to Foothills Middle School was anything but smooth.  After receiving his schedule in the mail, taking him on the middle school tour, having him practice opening his locker,  and walking him to each of his classes prior to school starting, his schedule changed three times in the first two days.    He'd show up for a class that was listed on his printed schedule and wouldn't be on the teacher roster.  So he was in the office, alot,  those first two days trying to get it updated and then not knowing where he was going.  Dad and Mom went to the office on the third day because one of his teachers gave him a  tardy slip on the second day of school when he was late because he was in the office yet again trying to get it figured out.  We were not happy.  The counselor called Logan in after we left and apologized to him for all the confusions.  Honestly, Logan spent quite a few nights crying and upset about Foothills, not wanting to be there, and telling us that his teachers don't like him.  Combine that with beginning of the school year tiredness and trying to get back into our fall routine,  it was a recipe for a pretty bad month.  It was an upsetting time for him and us too.  I think he's finally settled a little bit.  Sadly, I'm glad this happened to Logan because I know he handled it in a mature and confident way and it prepares us for Presley, Ry, and Harper's transition to middle school later.

**After Logan's sixth grade camp (19th-20th), he seemed to have a few good days in a row.  On one of those days he said to me, "Mom, more girls say hi to the me in the halls than boys do.  Some I don't even know their names.  They call me their BFF."

**Presley and Harper began fall classes at Apple Valley Gymnastics.

**Rylan began fall soccer.

**We had a rain storm at the beginning of the month and the kids and I went outside to play in the rain.  Logan kicked a soccer ball and it hit Presley in the face.  It was a complete accident. Right as she started to cry, we heard a loud thunder and Presley said, "Do you hear that Logan?  That's Grandma watching you and she's getting angry at you Logan".

**Dave put a playing card in Ry's wheel of his bike and now it sounds like an engine when he rides.  He now says he's going out to ride his motorcycle.

**I took on two leadership roles at the school and in my Mom's group.  I'm the co-chair for the Fundraising for the PTSA and the service leader for our Mom's group.  I'm really excited about both, but they are time consuming for sure.

**On to pictures...
Presley holding Ry, Harper holding Miryn
Sometimes I think they look alot alike.
Ry (and Logan) started fall soccer...this deserves (and will get) its own post
Presley and Ry had a playdate one night at the Kerr's house and we took our Number One and Number Four out to eat dinner at Red Robin.
Harper likes to "iron and fold" the clothes.  She loves that I can lower the ironing board to her height. 
Presley spent her own money on stick on, fake nails.  They lasted less than a day. 
One of Logan's assignments was to text a message of thanks to 5 people.  He had to ask how he could do that since he doesn't have a phone so she told him to write them out and deliver. 
Thank you Presley for going to my game. 
Thank you dad for letting me use your phone. 
Thank you Rylan for letting me play on your phone (IPod).
Thank you mom for getting me a goalkeeper shirt.
Thank you Harper for letting me tickle you. 
I love the way Presley sometimes communicates with me.  
Harper spent some of her birthday money on a play hairdresser set.  She played with this alot this month...maybe she'll be like her Grandma Nelson. 
Grandma's birthday was September 28th so Amy, Samee, and I gave my mom this necklace. 
Harper and mommy after gymnastics one day. 
Ry's first spelling test of 1st grade...YEAH!!
When we asked Harper why she got this award, she said she didn't know...

Onward to October...

No comments:

Post a Comment