Thursday, June 20, 2013

Dance Recital: June 15th, 2013

Presley and Harper completed their first year of dance with a final recital held at the Performing Arts Center in downtown Wenatchee.  It was a long recital--close to 3 hours.  They each had only one performance.  Harper's class was the second dance and Presley was after the intermission--I think #47.  They were both part of the finale number too.  There were actually two performances, one at 2:00 and one at 7:00.  We all watched the first performance and then I volunteered backstage for the 2nd performance so I didn't have to buy another ticket.  It was a lot of waiting backstage.  Presley brought her IPod and watched Disney and played games.  I wasn't too prepared with Harper--I should have brought something for her too.  They both did their dances wonderfully, I think even better the second performance, despite the long wait.  

Grandma, Papa Berries, Alyson and Mylee came to watch them.  

After the first performance
Backstage waiting
After the second performance, about 10:15
Both girls were jazzed up after their second performance.  This was on our way out to the car and Presley and Harper was stopping at every lighted area for a picture.  Presley liked this lit up rainbow waterfall downtown.  As you can imagine, they were both super delightful the next morning at 7 AM on only about 8 hours of sleep.

My mom and Grandpa brought some of my Grandma's things they found in her jewelry box.  Harper got the flower box, Logan got the flag pin, Rylan got the whistle (my grandpa said this could have belonged to my Great Grandma Pauline),  Presley got this ring--which I love and have been wearing, and I received this necklace, which is very neat too.  



No comments:

Post a Comment