Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Birthday Girl: #39



Eeek!! It's official, I'm only one year shy of 40!!  It was pretty much a regular Tuesday for us, but we did go out to eat dinner and had cake and ice cream so I guess it was a little more special.   Logan came in this morning before he showered and gave me a hug and told me happy birthday.  After school he told me he gave me the gift of "Logan"..ha!
Harper and I made a Costco run this morning and then had a playdate down at Rotary Sprinkler Park.  She took a nice long nap after her hour in the sun.

My mom and dad sent me a birthday package and I received cards in the mail from my Grandpa and Tricia and Danny.  Presley made me a card at school and Ry made me a picture.  He must have told his teacher Ms. Ferrians that it was my birthday because she told me happy birthday in the pick up line after school.
Presley's card--she drew and labeled 39 candles. 
Ry's picture. He said he wrote "the end".  
I got a little teary eyed when I saw my Papa's card--its the first one I have ever received which wasn't signed by my Grandma.  I'm not sure why this bugged me...she hadn't really "signed" her cards to us for years...just another example of how her death resonates in small ways.

We went to the Olive Garden for dinner.  We went at about 4:30 because Logan had soccer practice.  Dave and I were laughing because we were definitely eating with the senior citizen crowd, and didn't feel that out of place...ha ha!!

I normally make the kids look nice when we go eat out, but Ry was so happy with his new mini-marathon T-shirt he got at school today for running enough laps this spring to equal 13.5 miles.


Dave's present to me...woo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment