Monday, January 7, 2013

Two Rylan stories, One Harper story


As I was picking up Rylan from school one day last week, his teacher came over to my car and said Rylan cracked her up today.  It was a very cold, snowy day and she was telling the kids in the line that they were going to have to go outside in the cold and wait for their moms and dads in the pick up line.  She told the kids she was sorry to have to do this in the cold weather.  Rylan piped up with, "we got this Miss Ferrians, we got this."  A total Rylan response!!

Rylan has a little Christmas money that he can spend on a new toy.  So he decided what he wanted and I was driving with him to Target to buy it.  He asked me, "is it a wule (rule) that when you go in a store you have to buy something".  I said "no, you can just look around for a while and leave.". He says, "hmmm, I thought it was a wule (rule) that once you went in with nu-sing (nothing), you had to leave with something".  Ok, apparently, I've never went into a store with him and NOT bought something....for reals?

Once the kids started back at school, Harper and I started going to several stores to buy Christmas paper, ribbons, bows, etc for next year.  Every time, she has found something she wanted and asks me to buy it for her and I've told her no, you have a lot of new toys right now.  She responds with, "no, no, no, not now, you put it on my Ciss-Miss (Christmas) list." I'll say "yes, I'll put it on your list" and she puts the item down.  I'm certain she doesn't realize that Christmas is now 350 days away...good thing she doesn't have a good memory.








No comments:

Post a Comment