Friday, January 11, 2013

Lunch at Sunnyslope

I love to surprise the bigger kids and show up at their school for lunch.  I usually bring them a special treat, and on Friday, it was hot cocoa from the coffee shop down the street.  I really like to stand back and watch for a few moments and see how they interact with their friends.  This day though, Rylan saw us right away as his class was walking in a line to the multi-purpose room.  He had a big smile on his face.  Then, Presley saw us too as she was walking back to her class from her library time.  I did manage to surprise Logan as his class walked in while I was sitting with Presley and her friends.  Lunch for Ry starts at 11:10, Presley 11:30, and Logan 11:45.  Made for a full one hour lunch so I packed lots of snacks so Harper would be eating out of her own lunch bag, rather than trying to steal food from the kids (a trick I learned last year).

 Lunch with Ry...

 Lunch with Presley (and still managing a sip from Presley's cocoa)...
Lunch with Logan and his friends (notice her grip on her lunch--definitely not gonna share whatever was left)...

When I got home, I emailed the picture of Logan's class to his teacher because she puts a slideshow together at the end of the year.  Here was the email I received back from her.  Gosh, I love that boy!!

When we got home, it was time for nap and then Dave, with Harper's special kind of help,  put the Christmas boxes back in garage...This is her usual attire--princess tu-tu type dress, Ry's "cool dude" (that's what she calls it) jacket, and boots.  


No comments:

Post a Comment