Friday, October 25, 2019

Presley's Wisdom Teeth Removal

Presley had a consult with the oral surgeon a few weeks ago and he told us she should probably have her wisdom teeth removed sometime in the next 6 months. 
 She's planning on playing basketball and then golf so we opted to have them removed now to avoid her being in pain while also having school and sports. 

There was no school on Friday, October 11th. 

Presley was nervous heading back and I went with her as they administered her IV. 
I left her and they called us back shortly to tell us the surgery went well and that Presley was starting to wake up from the anesthesia. The nurses asked us to pull the car around to the side door where you pick up your child. 
So we pulled over to the door and waited a few minutes, and a nurse came out to us and asked Dave to come help her. 
They opened the door and I could hear Presley crying.  Dave and the nurse went to get her and a few seconds later Dave came back out to me and told me that Presley was crying for me to come and upset that when she woke up I wasn't there.  I went in through the side door and tried to calm her down, but she was really upset.  She was asking through her tears where did I go and why did I leave her.  
We got her in the car and she was still upset and asking where Rylan, Harper, and Logan were. 
She was also very upset and crying out that it wasn't Christmas time :).

Just lots of tears...


When we got her home she wanted to hug everyone.  
(But was still crying for Rylan who was at a tennis tournament)




We had to drop off her pain medicine prescription and had to go back for it. 
Once she was able to take some pain medicine, she slept for most of the day. 

Her friend asked if she could come over with ice-cream for Presley and to watch a movie on Saturday night, and I thought that was so sweet. 

Rylan had a game on Sunday, and I told Presley that maybe it would be a good idea for her to get a little fresh air and sunshine. 

But she fell asleep in the car and didn't wake up until the game was almost over. 

She slept most of the week-end.  Oxycodone really knocks her out!!!!!!

She missed school on Monday, but was feeling well enough to go to school on Tuesday. 









No comments:

Post a Comment