Friday, March 31, 2017

Logan's First Dance: TOLO (March 25th, 2017)

We feel really fortunate that Logan has been in the sports medicine class this year.  He's made friends with some of the upper classmen, and I think that's helped him quite a bit this year. 

One of the those new friends is Maya, who asked Logan to Tolo earlier this month. 

On the day that Logan was invited,  I picked up Presley first from swimming and she got in the car with this sneaky little smile ( I remember thinking she looked like she was going to burst with a secret).  She didn't hesitate to tell me that Gabe (Maya's brother in Presley's grade) told her that Maya bought a sign to school to ask Logan to a dance.


Logan was walking out to soccer practice and Maya was standing in the hallway with her sign. 
He told her yes. 

I dropped off Presley at Stage Kids and went back to pick up Logan from soccer and he didn't mention anything about this.
So finally I just asked him...did you get asked to the dance today? 
He got a grin on his face and told me he did, but he didn't have any details for me.  Not a date of the dance, not a theme for the dance, and not a picture of the sign (Presley got this from Gabe, the brother...7th grade sneaky siblings)
He seemed more excited as he was talking.  She would be able to drive him, none of his friends had been asked to go, and she was sophomore.  

I did know who Maya was because her mom and I worked on some PTSA projects together at Sunnyslope and I knew Maya from her Sunnyslope days, and knew Gabe went to school with Presley, and she has one other younger brother who's still at Sunnyslope that Ry knows.  

Side story:  In Presley's 2nd grade year, two students were selected to be model students for a small group of special education students (I think it was modeling friend/social skills).  The counselor ran it and Presley and Gabe were the 2 chosen students. 

The week leading up to the dance I kept asking him about a theme or matching outfits or something he needed me to buy to wear.  I reminded him many times that I would need some time to order something. 
On Friday night, he informed us the theme was blast from the past and he needed black hi-top converse shoes. 
Size 13 black hi-top Converse in Wenatchee...should totally be no problem at all!!!!

I woke up Logan early on Saturday to take him shopping before Ry's soccer game and we did find the  converse.  
He wasn't sure what kind of shirt to get, he said he had seen her dress, but didn't keep a picture, and it had some green in it.

We ended up at Macy's and found these three shirts as possibilities. 


All of them seemed to fit the theme. 
He didn't know either MTV or The Golden Girls.
So I'm feeling like my work with him is not quite finished!

He chose the MTV shirt once I told him that all the parent chaperones would definitely know what MTV was. 

The original plan was for me to drive Logan over to one of the other girls homes and take pictures and the group would leave from there. 
But for some reason that plan changed and Logan's date and her friends would pick him up and then go meet up with the group. 
I was literally putting my shoes on when I heard Logan say, "She's here, I'm going, I"ll get you a picture"
And he ran off up to the street and into the car.
I thought this was going to be my picture for his first dance!

Presley, Ry, Harper and I went out to dinner and Presley's friend texted her that she "thought" Logan was at the same restaurant as her.  And then she sent Presley this picture. 
She was right, that was Logan. 
And then I thought this will be another picture I have of him for his first dance. 
(Logan thought this picture was really creepy)

After the dance, they went to one of the friends house and watched a movie. 
And he got back home about 11:30 and told us what a good time he had and that he danced the whole night. 

I hounded him all day Sunday for a picture and he finally got these to me. 
Another Presley find---she found this on Maya's instagram and the caption was something about Logan not knowing how to do the marcarena, but their matching converse made up for that.

One dance down, and *maybe* more to go.
I asked Logan if he'd be going to other dances and he said, "I'm not sure I'm brave enough to ask someone."




No comments:

Post a Comment