Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Great (Great) Grandma Legard


On Saturday, February 18th, our Great Grandma Margaret Legard passed away. 
She was 106 years old. 


I loved her sweet smile and fun laugh.   
I loved their green house in Coeur d'Alene with the big rock out front that we climbed as kids. 
I loved that she wrote letters in cursive.
I loved that Papa Berries called her every day at 4 and that she liked my mom's cookies.
I love that she crocheted and read books with large font. 
I love that she watched her stocks and knew her financial portfolio. 
I loved that she remembered all of you kids' names when we visited her.

Her service was in Couer d'Alene on Saturday, February 25th

Amy and Alyson both did readings during her service. 

Harper was with me and she did so good during the long service. 
She drew on a piece of paper she found near the bibles in front of us. 
She copied "Scribble Paper for our Little Catholics"

The funeral was led by Father Roger LaChance, who knew Grandma and Grandpa very well. 
I appreciated that he spoke so gently of her and Grandpa, remembering where they sat during Sunday services,  how Grandpa introduced her as "his bride, and how Grandma would slap his hand a little if he got out of line.  I loved that he visited with her at her assisted living home. Many times, he gently laid his hands on her casket, leaned down to talk to her, or gently rubbed the top.

Father spoke of her happy and fulfilled life, even with such humble beginnings. 
He spoke of all the places they had lived, creating this amazing life together. 
He reminded us that she has changed her address again, and now she's in heaven. 
He thanked her family for all of the visits. 
And reminded us that Margaret lives in all of us. 

I am so thankful for Margaret's example and legacy. 

Five generations with Logan. 

Five generations with Presley

At her 100th birthday party

During one of our visits at her assisted living residence. 

Summer 2013

Miryn's 5 generation picture (May 2014)

December 2011
She (age 101) was celebrating her son's 80th birthday!

Papa made this beautiful memorial video. 













No comments:

Post a Comment