Thursday, June 9, 2016

Seussical the Musical and Surf Soccer in San Diego

Presley performed in Seussical Jr. over Memorial Week-End. 
She had two parts in this play. 
On Thursday and Friday she was Thing 1 and on both Saturday performances she was Marshall. 

I worked on the lobby again this time. 
 I had a lot of feathers in my house this spring!
I love reading her bio each performance. 
She received a couple of very nice and encouraging notes backstage. 
I had to bring concessions one night.  I thought my truffle tree cupcakes turned out cute. 
(So did Harper, she ate several at intermission)

Thursday night was opening night and all 5 of us, Grandma, Papa and Amy came to watch. 
Presley made a great Thing 1.  
She had no lines but brought little bits of comedy to the show. 
Mrs. McCormick (the director) announced the winter show as "Elf". 
Presley had to arrive 2 hours early for make-up. 
After the show, Rylan, Harper and Amy jumped on one foot all the way out to the cars. 
Papa and Amy had to get back home for work the next day. 

Friday morning, Dad and Logan left to Seattle to catch their flight to San Diego where Logan was playing in a Surf Tournament. 
I was so thankful that Grandma stayed with me all weekend long. 

Cristy, Bobby, and Tona came to Friday's performance. 
I made dinner for us and they left to go watch. 
I didn't go to this one, so Cristy brought Presley home afterwards. 
Cristy is a Seuss fan and loved the show. 
She told me all three of them giggled all the way through. 
She stayed the night tonight so she could stay and watch Presley as Marshall on Saturday. 


On Saturday morning we got up and swam for a little bit. 
It wasn't very warm outside, but we all got in. 
First they played a little Slither on the computer. 



Presley's afternoon performance was at 1:30. 
Grandma, Cristy, Joe, Lanae, and Papa Berries came to this one. 
And Rylan surprised me and wanted to watch again so I bought tickets for Harper, Ry and I. 
As Marshall, she wasn't on the stage often, but she did have a solo singing part. 
Which she nailed! (I have video on my phone)
Ry and Harper with a friend from school.  She was a Wickersham Brother. 
Presley and her good friend Ella who was a Bird Girl. 
Ry wanted a picture with The Grinch. 

They all came back to the house to have a little lunch and then they left for home. 
Cristy stayed a little later and her and Grandma watched the kids swim while I took Presley back for her evening performance. 
Then Cristy left for home. 

I didn't have anyone coming to watch the Saturday evening performance so  
I went at intermission and snuck in (Presley's solo was in the second half). 

I wasn't sure how I was going to like "Seussical".  It's kind of a harder story to follow and you have to know several Seuss books to have a good understanding of what's going on. 
But I liked each performance a little more each time I watched. 
And I love watching Presley on stage!

We drove Grandma back home on Sunday and celebrated Lincoln's First Birthday too!

What a fun week-end. 
(On Monday, Presley was tired and crabby)

Logan's Surf Tournament
I would have liked to have some pictures to include of your first tournament, but Dad took 2 all weekend long!
Your first game as a Surf Goalie. 
You played the whole second half ensuring your team a 1-0 victory. 

Dad thought you played so well all the games and had many saves. 
Your team lost the second and third games though. 
(You both thought the 2nd game could have easily been a win. You lost only 0-1, but you were not scored on). 
The third game was against a nationally ranked team and Surf lost 3-0. 
Overall, you felt it was a good experience and you came home happy and smiling, and glad that you got to know your teammates a little. 

That second picture Dad sent me...
He texted me that he saw a Disneyland "Soarin' Over California" worker at a sandwich shop :).

I think he might have been a little lonely all weekend since you spent 99% of your time with your team (he went to a movie alone, got a haircut in San Diego, and took some walks).  Dad said you only visited him when you wanted to shower or use the bathroom in his room. 







No comments:

Post a Comment