Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day

I think this whole spring could be summed up with the phrase "Divide and Conquer",
and Mother's Day was no exception.

Luckily, Saturday we were all together. 
Dad BBQ'ed steaks for dinner and we took Grandma Nelson (and papa too) out to see The Jungle Book. 

We got home when it was still light out and Harper decided she was ready to try riding her bike with no training wheels. 
Woo Hoo!! Mission Accomplished!!

Sunday was Mother's Day and Presley and Harper brought me eggs and toast in bed. 

Where is a for sure place to put a card for your mom to see? 
In the laundry room of course :). 

Ry gave me this cute picture..

Cards with messages are my favorite. 

Dave and Logan were out the door pretty early because he was playing in the Apple Blossom 3 on 3 basketball tournament at the college. 
Garrett, Thomas, Logan, and Carter
They were coached by high school basketball players (who also acted like their agents).

After I dropped off Ry for his warm ups, I ran up to the college to watch one of Logan's games. 
They had to play skins this game because the other team was in white T's too. 

They lost their very first game, and ended up winning 5 straight to make it to the quarterfinals before losing.  It was just for fun and Logan had a good time. 

Rylan had a home game for soccer. 
They won easily and his coach bought all the moms flowers. 

While I was at Ry's game, Presley made a cake. 
She's never done this before on her own and my first thought was, "'thank God she didn't burn the house down."

Amy, Samee, and Tricia texted with me. 
Miryn 2 1/2
Tricia and Lincoln 


Mylee sure wrote a nice note about her mom and posted it on Instagram. 
And I also saw that Presley did the same for me...
We were all home by 6:00 and we headed out to eat dinner together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment