Monday, May 2, 2016

Apple Blossom Youth Parade

Saturday morning was the Apple Blossom Youth Parade.
Stage Kids had a spot in the line up and so did Sunnyslope Elementary. 
I walked with Ry and Harper and the Sunnyslope crowd. 
And Presley walked 11 spots ahead of us with Stage Kids. 
Presley didn't know she was walking as Thing 2 until Friday night. 

But she had no shame in her youth parade game...

Dave tried to drop us off at the line up area of the parade, but he couldn't get very close so she was a little embarrassed walking in costume to her meet up area.
But once she found the other Stage Kids and saw Thing 1 and Cat in the Hat in costume, she was totally in her element.

This picture was texted to me later.

Ry, Harper and I found the Sunnyslope group. 
Ry and Harper both rode their scooters with their friends. 


At one point the blonde girl behind Ry got tired of holding the sign, so Ry gave her his scooter and let her ride while he walked and held the banner. 

I will add that by the end of the parade route, I was carrying my nice camera (I was taking yearbook pictures),  Harper's scooter, her helmet (the strap broke mid-parade) and my jacket because it got a little warm by noon. I'm not sure I looked very festive at the finish line. 

They gave out ice cream sandwiches at the end and Dave met us in the Hastings parking lot to pick us up (the starting point is not the same as the ending so it's easier this way). 

  My sweet parade walkers


No comments:

Post a Comment