Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Flat Friday and Sore Saturday

The big kids didn't have school last Friday for a Teacher's Records Day, but Harper did have school.  We went out to the garage on Friday and found out that the Suburban had a flat tire.

Luckily Dave didn't have an early surgery so he was able to get Harper to school, come back and change my tire,  follow me to the tire shop and bring me back home, pick up Harper from preschool, and then take me again when my new tires had been installed. 

But our plans for the day were ruined, so when I finally got my car back we headed to the new Walla Walla Park for a little outside play time. 

There's a new rock wall to climb. 


And some really cool push and fly toys.

I glanced over to find Presley pushing Harper. 
This was another time that I got her started and she pumped her little legs. 
And yet another time when Presley was getting pushed by one of her soccer teammates who just happened to be there too. 

I watched Harper on this big toy make her way to the top.
Once up there, she was screaming for mom to help her down. 

Later that night we went out for a team dinner to Abby's and then to the Wenatchee/Eastmont football game.  It was a fun night.

On Saturday, Ry's team was playing in the Apple Cup Tournament at Walla Walla fields.
After the first game, Logan was taking shots on Presley as she was playing goalie.  She blocked his shot 3 times in a row and we were all watching and cheering her on.  
Logan took one last shot and Presley's wrist bent backwards and she came crying off the field. 
Logan ran over to concessions and grabbed a bag of ice. 
He was pretty upset at this point. 
My hand is on Logan trying to comfort him and his hand is on Presley trying to comfort her. 

Her wrist wasn't feeling better so Dave poked and prodded around her wrist area and said I should take her to get an x-ray. 
(Later he would tell me he knew it was fractured because he felt movement as he pushed)
The x-ray confirmed a fracture.
So they gave her a soft cast until we could get into the orthopedic office. 

Sunday was a day of rest and relaxation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment