Friday, February 15, 2013

Coyotes, Explorers, Basketball, and Wedding Dress Shopping

Kind of a random, hodge-podge post, but I wanted to get these memories down and the pictures up.

On Monday, Rylan looked out our window and saw a coyote in our backyard.  Unfortunately, it seemed it was on his last leg, literally, as his front leg was mangled and twisted in a very wrong way.  It wasn't skittish when we knocked on the window, and we do hear them often at night, but still, to see a coyote roaming around 10 feet from your back door was a bit unnerving.  I think my Papa might be impressed with this and I'll be sure to tell him this story.
  On Tuesday night, we had Explorers Night for Logan's class.  He had to dress the part--this jacket he wore has made several appearances at Sunnyslope (and more to come for sure).  We bought it for him when he was 4.5 years old in Disneyland.  It's a Captain Hook coat.  He wore my boots and they weren't that much too big for him. He was Captain Cook and the kids had questions we were to ask and then we had to try to guess which explorer they were portraying based on the information.  Dave and I were pitiful!!  He has such a good group of friends.
Logan's AAU Basketball team played in a local tournament last week-end too.  They didn't place this time, they went 2-2.  I don't think Logan was happy with the way he played, but he did just fine.  And just so I remember, Logan begged for the pink Nike Elite socks.


I was quite happy Logan's team did NOT make the afternoon championship game because I spent Sunday afternoon in the Tri-Cities wedding dress shopping with my cousin Tricia and Bob's wife, Tona.  Tricia had made an appointment with David's Bridal for 3:30 and by 6:00, she had her wedding dress!! It's fabulous and she had some tough decisions to make because several dresses looked nice on her.  But, the last one she tried on was the "winner, winner chicken dinner" and she rang the David's Bridal "I selected my wedding dress" bell.  It fit her so perfectly, Tricia walked right out the door with it in her arms, enclosed in a non-see-through bag.  I think (hope) she took it to her mom's house to be put away.  I have a picture of "the one" on my phone, but will not post it.  Then, I stopped by my parents house and my mom and I had dinner at Casa Mia before I drove home.  I was so thankful to get to spend my Sunday this way.




No comments:

Post a Comment