Friday, April 22, 2016

Princess Dresses and Pool Dreams

Samee e-mailed me earlier this week to let me know that Miryn is going through a dress phase and that she loves to wear Harper's passed down dresses.  When Samee asks her what she wants to wear in the morning, she yells "princess".  Oh, this just delights me.  


(Harper in this dress, first day of pre-school.  Miryn was actually born the very next day)
(Harper in this dress while Miryn is in her mommy's tummy.  
Mother's Day 2013)

And the POOL is OPENED!
Workers came out on Tuesday and cleaned it, added the chemicals, and turned the heater on. 
The kids were so excited after school but the water was still too cold.
They dipped their feet in and splashed a little bit. 

Wednesday was 85 degrees here and the pool warmed up to 73. 
That's all it took for all four of them to jump in (Ry only for a short time)

On Thursday, it was already up to 80. 
Ry was so sad he had to get out early to go to soccer practice.
(A Presley sandwich)

So if these first few days of swimming are any indication of what my summer will sound like...

"Mom my goggles are too tight (too loose, too big, keep slipping, not working)"
"Mom, can you fix my goggles?"
"Mom, I forgot my towel".
"Mom, Logan is pulling my leg."
"Mom, Logan is cheating (while racing)."
"Mom, can we turn the waterfall on?"
"Mom, can we blow up our floaties."
"Mom, Logan is not being a nice whale."
"Mom, Presley won't play mermaids with me."
"Mom, I'm too cold."
"Mom,  call me Melody, that's my mermaid name now"
"Mom, watch Logan be my boat."
"Mom, I don't think I need to take a shower this summer."

We're ready for summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment